Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance of Castlemaine was presented as a nominee in the prestigious Parks Victoria Environment and Sustainability Award at the 2012 Regional Achievement and Community Awards on Saturday night 13th October at the All Seasons Bendigo.
Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance was presented by Damian Drum MLC, Parliamentary Secretary for Regional and Rural Development in front of 320 guests from across the State. Natalie Forrest from PRIME7 hosted the Awards.
The 2012 eight category winners are:
- THEO KAPAKOULAKIS – Regional Development Victoria Trade and Career Achievement Award.
- DESIGN EXPERTS – Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award.
- PAUL KIMBER – Medibank Healthy Participation Award.
- SARAH COOK – Parks Victoria Regional Achiever Award.
- DEMODAIRY CO-OPERATIVE LTD – Parks Victoria Environment and Sustainability Award.
- MCKERN STEEL – BlueScope Distribution Leadership and Innovation Award.
- NORTHERN GRAMPIANS SHIRE COUNCIL – Department of Sustainability and Environment Water Efficiency Improvements Award.
- GIRGARRE DEVELOPMENT GROUP INC – Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award.
Winners each received a $2,000 Goalsaver Account from the Commonwealth Bank or television exposure on PRIME7.
CENTRAL VICTORIAN GREENHOUSE ALLIANCE of Castlemaine is an alliance of 14 local governments, community sustainability groups and business in the Central Victoria Region. The Central Victorian Refit n’ Save project aimed to build a network of suppliers and services to engage households in reducing their long term energy and water impacts in the region. The project resulted in over 4,700 participants, an estimated reduction in carbon dioxide emissions of 1,030 tonnes and water savings of 80,630 litres per year.
Further details about Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance is available by contacting the office on the numbers below.
For further information please contact the Awards office on
(03) 9720 2277, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.awardsaustralia.com