Central Victoria wins Energy Efficiency Program Grant to help Small and Medium Enterprises improve energy efficiency
The Central Victorian Greenhouse Alliance is pleased to announce its success in securing a grant for $700,000 over two years under the Commonwealth Government’s Energy Efficiency Information Grants Program, as announced by Federal Minister for Climate Change and Energy Efficiency, Greg Combet, on 17 May 2012.
CVGA Executive Officer John Harvey says, “Our Association is delighted to have received this grant which will enable us to deliver information and services for SME’s across Central Victoria, so they can improve the energy efficiency of their business “.
“Our program will provide a friendly face to face contact with at least 500 local businesses in our region to help them identify and undertake cost effective energy efficiency improvements that will save them money in the long term.”
Karen Corr, Chair of the CVGA says “This is a fantastic result for our region. As a result of our program business in Central Victoria will be able to minimise exposure to rising energy costs and remain competitive in an ever increasing carbon constrained economy.”.
The key components of the CVGA project include:
- provision of high quality business energy assessments
- support the development of a network of local business energy efficiency champions
- showcase Energy Efficiency technologies and provide information on local suppliers
- host information events in townships across the region
- collate and make available print and electronic materials and links to other business information offerings, including fact sheets, videos, case studies and benchmarking.
For more information or to register your interest in the program email (add appropriate email address – could we use the comms email address?) (this is a call to action for anyone that reads this and wants to be kept in the loop)